AEROSPACE DESIGN ENGINEER
- 1 year ago
- Mississauga, ON
You will function as a technical resource for preparing design drawings and engineering documentation as applicable to aircraft part design, development, certification, and production.
- Support the development and modification of designed and repaired parts.
- Provide support to production and related issues and non-conformances as required.
- Participate in the planning and execution of component testing.
- Interface with other internal disciplines and external partners/suppliers to ensure efficient data-flow and decision-making.
- Preparation of Technical Reports, Test Plans, Requirements Documents, Work Statements and Cost Estimates.
- Prepare layout designs, fabrication drawings (with consideration of shop production capabilities), installation and assembly drawings, and detail drawings.
- Design various structural and hydro-mechanical system parts, modifications and / or repairs for aircraft.
- Perform engineering analysis for the designs created.
- Engineering designer will work towards becoming familiar with and conversant in standard aircraft materials, properties, fasteners, manufacturing processes, standard aircraft equipment, and operational and maintenance procedures.
- CAD drafting to document the various changes, designs, and repairs that occur through the course of projects.
- Carry out 3D modeling of designs to validate fit and motion results.
- Liaise with shop floor personnel on production problems.
- Develop operative knowledge of various tooling and test equipment.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Legislation.
- Plan the requirements for our internal team to support the repairs of parts & tooling.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent people and communication skills (written/oral).
- Self-motivated, logical thinker and results oriented problem solver.
- Suitable experience in mechanical or electrical design, cad drawing, and 3D modeling.
- Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and standard facility procedures.
- Strong computer skills in Solidworks, Microsoft Word & Excel.
5 years relevant experience within the aerospace, defence, or manufacturing industry is an asset.
Individual should have a university degree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering.